Position Title: Project Driver - (Field Only).
Job Station: Yobe State.
Project Driver - (Field Only) job opportunity is available at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
NASCAR.com Cup Series driver pages: Bios, statistics, race results videos, news, photo galleries, car, team, shop gear, date of birth, rookie year. CSR Bluetooth DriverCSR Bluetooth Driver CSR Bluetooth DriverCSR Bluetooth Driver CSR Bluetooth Driver.
- Drivers will be responsible for ensuring that the minimum maintenance standard of the CRS/Nigeria’s fleet is the vehicle manufacturer’s specification. He/She will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of CRS staff, assets and other goods.
- CRS/Nigeria has partner and Church organizations that it collaborates with throughout Nigeria. For reasons of security and local knowledge, only CRS drivers may drive CRS vehicles. CRS/Nigeria maintains a fleet of vehicles with a “no accident” record. The Driver is responsible for maintaining this track record as well as improving on this success story.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the CRS Nigeria vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that daily checks are performed on the assigned vehicle before it is driven in the morning.
- Completes the Daily Vehicle Reports and submits to the Head driver each day
- Check and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Log Book provided in each vehicle.
- Notifies the Head driver immediately in accident situations, after checking that all persons involved are safe and follows the procedure for what to do in case of an accident.
- Ensures that fuel does not fall below half a tank in any of the vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring that CRS vehicles are clean at all times
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff traveling in CRS vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed
- Maintain a file for all vehicle request and all travel-related forms
- Complete the Motor vehicle Monthly reports /Fuel Usage report and motor vehicle monthly Maintenance report by the 5th of each month
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely and in line with CRS procedures and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Deputy Head of Administration
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Head Driver, Head of Administration, Head of Operations, Program staff, admin staff, finance staff, HR staff, NE staff
- External: CRS Nigeria Partners and Visitors.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Valid Nigerian drivers license and good knowledge of Yobe State roads – knowledge of other North Eastern Nigerian, North-Western Nigerian and Abuja Roads is an added advantage.
- Minimum Four years professional experience in a similar position
- Ability to communicate in English Language is essential
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to generate VMS reports
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of computer software applications especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be willing and able to travel about 75% of the time within Yobe state and all CRS program implementation States.
- English Language and Ability to speak local languages – Hausa – is a strong preference.
Agency-Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Important Information / Notice
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- ***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions).
WHO IS Catholic Relief Services (CRS)?
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peacebuilding programming.View More Jobs at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)