At the origin of Social Business initiatives, the partnership with Grameen Bank was decisive: it is the one that put Danone employees in touch with poor consumers in Bangladesh and has been a major driver of disruptive innovation. At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We have an opening for a Reliability Leader based in Mount Crawford, VA!
- Inhabitants: 163 million
- Annual income per capita: 4 560 USD
- 40% of kids under 5 years are suffering from anemia (WHO – 2016)
- 22% of preschool-age also have Vitamin-A deficiency (WHO – 2016)
- Moderate and severe underweight prevalence is 22.6 % in 2019. Similarly, moderate and severe stunting rate is 28% in 2019. (UNICEF-2019)
In Bangladesh, one out of two children suffer from malnutrition, so it’s very hard for them to reach their full physical and mental potential. Eating well enables children to grow, develop good memory and maximize their learning at school, which prepares them for a bright future – for themselves and for their country.
That’s why the Grameen Danone Foods team developed Shokti +, a yoghurt enriched with micronutrients (iron, Iodine, zinc, vitamin-A) that helps to fulfil the children’s nutritional needs.
Grameen Danone Foods is also a source of income for the inhabitants of surrounding villages: the small farmers sell their milk to the company and women with no resources earn an income by selling the yogurts door-to-door. Grameen Danone Foods also supports 100 van pullers by giving them insurance, sales training, and revenue stability.
farmers living better by selling their milk to Grameen Danone
Shokti+ Lady, Entrepreneur, Bogra, Bangladesh
When the roosters start to announce the first light Nafisa already finished preparing roti and eggs for her family. She lives in the Northern Bangladeshi village, in a small tiny house together with her husband, their son, his wife and a lovely Rahim, her grandson. Today is a special day, as Rahim is going to school for the first time. She has arranged a special treat for him – Shokti+ yoghurt – for Rahim to grow up healthy.
After all the family leaves home, Nafisa takes her bag and walks to the village crossroad to meet Asadul, the rickshaw van driver who delivers a fresh batch of Shokti+ for Nafisa to sell in the neighbourhood villages. This is a unique opportunity for Nafisa to gain some income and help to support her family. She knows Asadul since he was very small boy and she is happy that he found a regular job in Grameen Danone. Before, he was living on a daily wage, and it was difficult for him to support his family.
She takes a fresh batch of yoghurt, spares one in the corner of the bag, for Rahim, and goes to sell it in the villages. She really enjoys meeting people and seeing happy faces of children eating Shokti+.
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a CDL Driver in Springfield, Oregon manufacturing facility. The CDL Driver is responsible for safely transporting varied material types including palletized product and raw materials to and from multiple facilities. Driver also helps pick orders and provides support to projects. The position requires the safe use of multiple vehicle types and equipment including semi-trucks and trailers, Bobtail box trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks and others.
• Operates tractors, trailers, and material handling equipment for transfer of products to and from production areas, including multiple off-site storage locations throughout the greater Eugene and Springfield areas. Some out-of-town transportation may be required.
• Ensures proper receipt, storage, picking, transfer, and delivery of materials located in ambient, freezer, and cold storages, and ensures all paperwork is properly completed and accurate.
• Provides customer service and develops and maintains professional working relationship with customers both internal and external to So Delicious Dairy Free(R) operations.
• Maintains compliance requirements for Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT), and carefully follows all local and state mandated regulations.
• Maintains a safe working environment. Complies with all safety and BCR sanitation regulations.
Danone Driver Jobs
Education and Experience: High school diploma (or the equivalent) and at least one year of CDL driving, forklift operation and warehousing experience. Must have a valid Oregon CDL Class A Driver's License and the ability to pass a driving records check, and pre-employment screening including a DOT drug screen, background check, and medical certification. Must also have the ability to obtain a valid forklift operator’s license and comply with ODOT random drug/alcohol testing program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Basic computer skills including keyboarding and proficiency using MS Office Outlook and Excel, and using a system such as SAP.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is primarily a combination of outdoor and warehouse classifications, including working in warehouses that may be very warm or very cold, and in various outdoor conditions, in all types of weather, during the day and/or night.
• Employees also work in the warehouse, the yard, and other outdoor environments. This position requires the ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting, and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves and trucks; frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds, occasional climbing of ladders; usage of pallet jacks and forklifts
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com.
Georgina Driver Danone
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.